'Tis the season for fruit flies in your kitchen. Fun for them, not fun for you.
Mission: get rid of them. Without spreading poison around your kitchen.
- put away any fruit that's out of the fridge.
- get a small flat dish, this one is a creme brulee dish from Trader Joes
- put a 1/4 inch of wine - red or white, either is fine
- add one small squirt of dish detergent
- place it somewhere the fruit flies gather, I put it on my windowsill
- watch it attract the flies! want more info on them? click here
- dump out and repeat daily until they are gone. Could be as long as 8 days - that's the life cycle of a fruit fly.
Go handle your fruit flies....