|Taa daa! The holy grail of muffins!|
This is not one of those muffins.
This is the holy grail of muffins.
Why? Here's why:
- mixes up in less then 5 minutes
- uses ingredients you probably already have
- healthy - whole wheat flour, low fat, low sugar
- the kids will eat them!
Not only are these muffins great for your family - they're great for gifts. Next time you're invited to a party, leave the wine at home. They already have wine. Bake them these muffins, pop them into a basket, and present them with a card saying they're for breakfast the next day. The party hosts will love you.......
Here's the recipe
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup oil or applesauce
2 cups white whole wheat flour - Trader Joe's or King Arthur
2/3 cup sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
cinnamon sugar mixture in a shaker bottle or bowl
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Mix milk, oil/applesauce & egg in a bowl. Add flour, sugar, baking powder & salt. Stir until flour is just moistened. Do not over stir.
- Use an ice cream scoop to fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture on top. Bake 15 - 20 minutes until brown.
That's it. In a few minutes your home will smell wonderful!
And the recipe is infinitely changeable - add a handful of berries, some chocolate chips - whatever sounds good to you!
C'mon on - give it a try. See how much more organized you can be by not running out to the store.