Thursday, August 18, 2011

Mark Bittman - My New Best Friend

Mark Bittman. Until a few weeks ago, I had never heard of him. Now he's my new best friend. Why?

'cause he wrote a cookbook that makes me look like a great chef. In under 20 minutes.

Backtrack a bit. I was wandering around the bookstore one rainy day a few weeks ago with a gift card. You know the feeling, you want it all, but you're not sure which part of all you want.

I found myself in the cookbook section. Kind of a surprise because I've been purging cookbooks since I realized the Internet finds recipes faster.

But this book, Kitchen Express" called out to me. The tag line is "404 Inspired Seasonal Dishes You Can Make in 20 minutes or Less".

Brilliant. Upon looking inside I found not so much recipes, but gatherings of ingredients and instructions on how to assemble them to make a simple, yet impressive dinner. Don't believe me? Take a look here:

This is a recipe for zucchini & dill soup. In 4 lines. I had zucchini. I had dill. Would I ever have thought to combine them in a soup? Never. It was delicious.

Go find this book. Either at Amazon, or see if your library has it.

It earns it's space on your bookshelf.

 be organized.....evelyn

P.S. - My interview about my book should be out in The Madison Eagle today! Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest