Thursday, October 27, 2011

Radical Life Organizing

Organizing has become the new chic cause of late. Everywhere you look, there are cute little boxes meant for papers, lovely fabric covered files to store magazines, high tech looking wire baskets for mittens.

Isn't this missing the true reason to organize?  

Isn't all of this causing more clutter in your home?

When did organizing simply for the sake of organizing become in?

When did organizing become a hobby?

I'm the first to admit it - I'm an organized person. But not because I like organizing. Not because I've ever bought a cute fabric covered box. (I haven't).

Organizing should be a tool - a means to an end - a stop on the road to freedom.

Freedom from looking for the same thing over and over. Freedom from picking up my kids stuff. Freedom from the endless cycle of housework.

Freedom to do what I want to when I want to.

Isn't that the goal in life? Aren't we all trying to just have more time to do what we want to do?

Time to take a nap. Time to read a book. Time to write a book. Time to save the world.

Having your home or office organized can give you that gift of time.

And that's why I organize. My cabinets might have cubbies in them, but not for a photo shoot. Simply to make my life easier.

I'm basically very lazy at heart. The systems I've developed help me exploit that laziness. They give me time to be lazy.

Want some systems? Need some systems? Here are some systems worth the time you spend setting them up.

closets: http://bestorganizingtips.blogspot.com/2011/03/best-organizing-tips-for-closets.html

lunches: http://bestorganizingtips.blogspot.com/2011/08/radical-way-to-organize-school-lunches.html

clutter: http://bestorganizingtips.blogspot.com/2011/04/best-organizing-tips-for-not-saving.html

time saving tips: http://bestorganizingtips.blogspot.com/2011/06/10-time-saving-tips-for-busy-moms.html

Need more systems to free up your time? Lots more ideas in my book  - get a free sample here.......no obligation, just click, enter your email, hit send and voila - free tips for your kitchen.

freesample@organizingwithevelyn.com 

be organized.....evelyn

No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest