Thursday, November 3, 2011

Clips & hooks & nails & screws.....

It's the little things that drive you crazy after the big things wear you down.

This week here in NJ we've had a crazy snowstorm - trees down everywhere, school closed, power & heat out for days and Halloween postponed.

It's enough to drive any sane person crazy.

Then, just when you think it's over - the smallest thing becomes the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Like not being able to find a cup hook when you need it.

When a cup hook would be the key to your happiness.

You know what I mean.

So - I now present ......

How To Organize All Those Little Things That You Can Never Find When You Need Them

Do it now and save your sanity for when the really big things happen.

Love the zip locs!

  1. gather all your small parts - hooks, adhesive things, cords, whatever.
  2. bag the individual items into small zip lock bags
  3. sort like with like
  4. clip together the like items with a binder clip. Clip the zip top.
  5. put a label on the flat part of the binder clip
  6. toss all the clipped bundles into a bin
  7. voila - when you need something, pull out the clip with the correct label
Get the idea?
I have 3 bundles - hooks, stickies & misc. This seems to cover all of my needs. The stickie category covers all the adhesive things - foam tape, command adhesive, magnetic tape. (My husband is very handy, so we have the hardware store worth of nails, screws and such in the basement. I don't need to store any in a small cubbie.)

I cannot tell you how much time this saves me. I used to just have everything tossed into a bin, and whenever I needed something, I'd have to sort through the lot. And most of the time that was just too much to ask, so I never got what I needed. And it drove me crazy!

This way it's easy to find what you need - it's been sub sorted into a smaller category, and it's easily accessible.

And then you can get what you need and get on with your life.

Like getting Halloween candy ready for trick or treaters on Nov. 4th.


See some of my book now - get a free sample here.......no obligation, just click, enter your email, hit send and voila - free tips for your kitchen. And I won't bug you. I promise.


freesample@organizingwithevelyn.com 

 be organized.....evelyn

No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest