Anything left over that you meant to do and never got around to? Of course there is.
That bike ride on a perfect path with the perfect picnic lunch.
That trip to explore the cool museum that's always been in your state but you've never gotten to.
That beach trip you planned, then it was raining and it never got rescheduled.
That trip to those far flung family members who have no idea what your kids look like.
Now's the time to do something about it.
Now's the time to plan so NEXT summer you get to do those activities. And so you don't forget.
- sit with your family and make a list of all the fun things you wanted to get to this summer and never got to.
- put the list into an envelope.
- write Summer 2012 on the envelope.
- go to the store & get a 2012 calender. Yes, they're out already, and you'll have a great selection.
- paperclip the envelope to the May page.
- store the calendar somewhere.
- on this year's calendar, go to the Dec. 31st block and write down where you stored the 2012 calendar. Trust me on this. It's no fun turning your house upside down searching for the new calendar on Jan 1st.
- When May rolls around, open the envelope and sit with your family again. Go over the list, add or subtract as necessary.
- Write the activities on dates for June, July & August.
- repeat next September.
There you go - easy, painless and what a sense of being in control!
Next summer is looking pretty darn good! Now go put your feet up with a cup of tea. Your work is done.......
Want more ideas like this? Then you need my book.... get it here http://www.organizingwithevelyn.com