Tuesday, June 21, 2011

How To Jump Start Your Summer Organization Plans

Summer is here, the time stretches in front of me, and I'm sensing that I'm going to get even LESS done then when school is in and I'm busy.

Why is that?

For some reason the lack of schedule makes me think I have all the time in the world to get things done, and as a result I'm less organized and get nothing done.

No more of that.                                      
Time to shake things up.

I need a change. It's not enough that my schedule has changed, I need a physical change to go along with it. So I'm going to rearrange my furniture. Yes, I said rearrange my furniture.For some reason that makes everything seem fresh and new.

Elsie King Mooreland said it best in American Home in 1934, "Changing the furniture around is to a woman what taking a vacation is to a man.....Nothing seems to refresh me quite so much, to give me a new lease of life, as seeing my piano in another corner, the sideboard under the window, my bed facing another wall."

I agree. Even though I don't have a piano or sideboard.

Seeing your day to day living area in a new way is enough to energize you to do new and different things. So, I'm going to reuse the space that is my art studio during the school year, and make it family relaxing space for the summer.  (I teach art to 2-6 year olds, http://www.artadventuresartstudio.com)

Some after pictures since I don't  have any before pictures....... (maybe once I organize all my photos I'll find some.)

relaxation awaits!

and after I relax, I'll get motivated!



Makes me feel more motivated to do more - at least read more............

What will you change around this summer? Let me know in the comment section!

be organized.....evelyn

Crave more organizing tips? Just click to get a free sample of my eBook, 30 Days to an Organized Home.

1 comment:

sherrrry561 said...

LOVE it! I have used furniture rearranging to spice things up for years! It does give you a new perspective, literally! Enjoy your 'new' space!
This summer I am changing everything since we are moving out of state. I am excited to get the new place set up and buy furniture that I actually like instead of hand-me-down furniture : )

Follow Me on Pinterest