I used to write ideas down on a piece of paper, but it never seemed to live up to the excitement that summer promises. Then I graduated to a book, but again it never seemed quite right. Recently I discovered something that seems j-u-s-t right! (thanks Better Homes & Gardens for the idea!)
The Sand Pail List!
Think Bucket List - but for the summer. Sand Bucket List would also work, but there's something a bit morbid about that.......
So, Sand Pail List it is! Summons up feelings of playfulness, childhood and endless fun - just what summer should always be.
Here's how it works -
- make yourself a colorful cover - draw, paint, download - whatever. I did this one on Printshop.
- put a few blank pages inside - no more then 4 - you don't want to overwhelm yourself!
- gather the family and ask them - "what types of things would you like to do this summer?"
- write them down in the book - no particular order.
- keep the book somewhere handy - I keep ours in our "treasure chest" for easy updates and check offs.
- once a week, schedule some time to do something on The Sand Pail List! You can do more then one a week if you like - just make sure you get to some of them!
- no pressure to do it all - as long as you do some, the summer will be a success!
- next fall, look back and remember all you did this summer in the name of fun.
PS - If you have no plans for the long weekend - here's my plan for the BEST Memorial Day Ever! http://bit.ly/Kd4Umi