Thursday, February 9, 2012

Shhhh...The Secret to conquor Eczema once & for all!

There's a light dusting of snow here on the ground in NJ, and that brings to mind how rough, dry & painful me hands used to be every winter. No more.

The back story.

I teach art everyday, so my hands are always in and out of water. This lead to an outbreak of eczema - a painful condition of the skin that goes way past simple dryness. Eczema is itchy, red, flaking and painful! Painful to the point of bleeding. And itchiness that makes poison ivy look like a walk in the park. Not good.

I went to the doctor and was prescribed steroid creme, the usual remedy. This helped a bit, but I really didn't like the thought of putting all those steroids on my skin multiple times a day. And I mean multiple. And it was expensive.

So I started experimenting. I bought all types of skin creams that promised to take care of the problem. some were really messy (thick cream and gloves every night at bed time), some were expensive (the one made from sheep lanolin from Australia comes to mind), but none of them did much good. Some would help a bit,  but I always knew the eczema was hovering under the surface, just waiting to come back.

Then I stumbled upon the secret formula.

I say secret because it's not one product that takes care of the problem - it's the combination of two. Two unrelated products. And I have no idea if anyone other them me has ever combined the two.

Ready - here's the answer -


1. - O'Keefe's Working Hands Creme - this is a solid hand creme that is sold in the hardware section of DIY stores. Or here online. And it's not expensive. And it lasts forever.

but that's not the whole answer.

You need to combine it with this-


2. Avon Silicone Glove Creme - this is a protective layer that helps seal in the first creme. Available from your local Avon lady or here. This is even cheaper.

What you do is this - simply put on the Working Hands Creme first, then top off with the Silicone Glove.

Then the magic happens. I don't know why, and I don't care. I just know it's been working for me.

For years.

Eczema is a thing of the past.

And how do I know it's the combination and not just my skin healing?

Because when I run out of one or the other, my eczema returns in a few days.

And that's not good.

If your hands are itchy & red, give it a shot. Cost is less then $10.00 - and relief is just a squeeze away.

You're welcome.

be organized.....evelyn

P.S. - want more ideas? Try my book - just click here.

No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest